1. Poets Versus is an inclusive and intersectional platform. We stand against exclusion of individuals based on their gender, sexual, or racial identities, and we oppose ideologies directed against the progression of animal rights.
2. The fundamental goal of our events is to fight inequality, social injustice, and oppression in all its forms. Individuals who take on any association with Poets Versus must adhere to these values.
3. Our platform will always prioritise marginalised groups. Diversity is one of our core values.
4. We do not tolerate any form of sexual or gender-based violence, the propagation of rape culture, or exclusive ideologies. We have zero tolerance for any sort of physical, verbal, or online violence and harassment. Our events are safe. Any abusive behaviour will be reported to the police immediately.
5. We tolerate no unwanted communications (online or otherwise) or aggressive behaviour directed toward our staff, and we will report any such acts to the police.
6. We reserve the right to de-platform poets who propagate exclusive ideologies or violate Poets Versus’s Code of Conduct. Those who are de-platformed may not associate themselves with Poets Versus in any way whatsoever.
7. It is the responsibility of performing poets to issue trigger warnings. For all references to rape, sexual violence, and gender-based violence, poets must issue trigger warnings.
8. Members, volunteers, and performers must be punctual and carry out their tasks to the best of their abilities and in a timely manner.